Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
PS 22 - "Don't Stop Believin' "
Transcript of PS 22 - "Don't Stop Believin' "
Welcome to EDEC 3613
Believe in yourself
Started my journey in 1981:
Worked with migrant students
Private and Public schools
Inclusion - Special Education and Dual Language
Education Consultant at Region 18 ESC
Fine Arts in Education
Least Restrictive Environments
Students with autism
Teacher developed materials
Brain development in early childhood
My family and dogs
Midland, TX. to
Darla Taylor M.Ed.
Office Hours: 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Monday – Wednesday
Standard 1: Promoting Child Development and Learning
Standard 2: Building Family and Community Relationships
Standard 3: Observing, Documenting, and Assessing to Support Young Children and Families
Standard 4: Using Developmentally Effective Approaches to Connect with Children and Families
Standard 5: Using Content Knowledge to Build Meaningful Curriculum
Standard 6: Becoming a Professional
NAEYC Standards for Early Childhood Professionals, Initial Licensure Programs, 2009
I want you to be successful!!
1. Attend EVERY Class. Showing up is important for your success. Your grade in EDEC 3613 is directly related to your class attendance. Students who come to class are successful.
2. Be Self-Motivated and Take Control of your own learning. I will help YOU to be successful, but it is YOUR responsibility to WANT to be successful.
3. Work Hard. Working hard and wanting to do your best and be your best pays dividends and leads to success and the grade you want to earn in this class.
4. “Work the Course Syllabus If you follow the Syllabus and do the assignments as outlined, then you can earn an “A” in the class. I will constantly remind you to “Work the Syllabus.”
5. Work with your Instructor.
Google Chrome v.39
Google Chrome is recommended by both the University of North Texas and the College of Education for all Blackboard Learn activities. Make sure you are running the latest version of Google Chrome and Java updates.
Morrison, G. S. (2015). Early childhood education today (13th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall
Your Grades in the Class
Total points in the course are distributed as follows:
Midterm Exam (due: June 24 at 11:59 p.m.) 100
Final Exam/Self Evaluation (due: July 9 at 11:59 p.m.) 100
Biography (due: June 9 at 11:59 p.m.) 50
Philosophy (due: June 10 at 11:59 p.m.) 50
Inclusion Essay (due: June 15 at 11:59 p.m.) 100
Group Chapter 5/14 Prezi (due: June 22, 23 in class) 100
5E Model Lesson Plan (due: June 26 at 11:59 p.m.) 100
Teacher Toolbox Prezi (individual) (due: July 3 at 11:59 p.m.) 200
Child Observation Record (due: July 8 at 11:59 p.m.) 200
Extra Credits = 25 points each (due: July 3 at 11:59 p.m.)
Total Points 1000
F 599 and below
How to make a prezi