Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Late Renaissance in Italy
Transcript of The Late Renaissance in Italy
middle of the sixteenth century
Renaissance Italy was in political decline
. The papacy was jolted by Luther's German revolt and
in 1527 suffered the humiliating sack of Rome by Emperor Charles V
. Charles' mercenaries plundered the city and stabled their horses in the Sistine Chapel. Renaissance art suffered losses as well.
By the end of 1520, Leonardo and Raphael were dead
. Of the Renaissance masters,
only Michelangelo lived on
, stifling others by his greatness while suffering his own profound religious doubts.
The Marriage at Cana
Bacchus and Ariadne
The Last Supper
Leonardo Da Vinci
The Artist's Family: Minerva, Amilcare, and Asdrubale
Laocoon and His Sons
The Madonna with the Long Neck
The Funeral of Count Orgaz