Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
South Africa Presentation
Transcript of South Africa Presentation
AFRICA Capital: Pretoria History *South Africa was colonized by the English and Dutch in the seventeenth century. *English domination of the Dutch descendents(Afrikaners) discovered diamonds in these lands so around 1900 there was an English invasion(Bar War). *Strategists in the National Party invented apartheid. *With the enactment of apartheid laws in 1948, racial discrimination was institutionalized. *In 1951, the Bantu Authorities Act established a basis for ethnic government in African reserves, known as ``homelands.'' These homelands were independent states. *Africans living in the homelands needed passports to enter South Africa: aliens in their own country. SOWETO IMPORTANT PEOPLE NELSON MANDELA STEVEN BIKO *In 1961 Mandela became the leader of the armed wing of the ANC.
* Coordinates a sabotage campaign against military and government targets, and made plans for a possible guerrilla war if sabotage failed to end apartheid. Causes of his incarceration Nelson Mandela(1918, -) *On August 5, 1962 is arrested. He spent 20 years in prison. Steven Biko(1946-12 September 1977) *He showed an interest in anti-Apartheid politics.
*In 1972 Biko was one of the founders of the Black Peoples Convention (BPC) working on social upliftment projects around Durban.
*He fought for the rights of blacks.
*He died ``mysteriously´´. TOURISM APARTHEID MUSEUM MANDELA HOUSE Hector Pieterson´s tomb Soweto Museum Natural Park (Kruger) (Johannesburg) *Is the story of the triumph of the human spirit over adversity.
*The exhibits are from film footages, photographs, text panels and artifacts illustrating the events and human stories that are part of the epic saga, known as apartheid *The Mandela House is a leading center for the preservation, presentation, and research of the history, heritage and legacy of the Mandela Family.
*Is where Mandela´s family used to live. *Hector was the first person who was killed by Afrikaners.
*He died when he was 12. THE END INTERESTING FACTS by: Laura Diez *when Mandela got into the government, he was not thinking about revenge.
*He made a mixed government with white and black people.