Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
South Africa Presentation
Transcript of South Africa Presentation
AFRICA Capital: Pretoria History *South Africa was colonized by the English and Dutch in the seventeenth century. *English domination of the Dutch descendents(Afrikaners) discovered diamonds in these lands so around 1900 there was an English invasion(Bar War). *Strategists in the National Party invented apartheid. *With the enactment of apartheid laws in 1948, racial discrimination was institutionalized. *In 1951, the Bantu Authorities Act established a basis for ethnic government in African reserves, known as ``homelands.'' These homelands were independent states. *Africans living in the homelands needed passports to enter South Africa: aliens in their own country. SOWETO IMPORTANT PEOPLE NELSON MANDELA STEVEN BIKO *In 1961 Mandela became the leader of the armed wing of the ANC.
* Coordinates a sabotage campaign against military and government targets, and made plans for a possible guerrilla war if sabotage failed to end apartheid. Causes of his incarceration Nelson Mandela(1918, -) *On August 5, 1962 is arrested. He spent 20 years in prison. Steven Biko(1946-12 September 1977) *He showed an interest in anti-Apartheid politics.
*In 1972 Biko was one of the founders of the Black Peoples Convention (BPC) working on social upliftment projects around Durban.
*He fought for the rights of blacks.
*He died ``mysteriously´´. TOURISM APARTHEID MUSEUM MANDELA HOUSE Hector Pieterson´s tomb Soweto Museum Natural Park (Kruger) (Johannesburg) *Is the story of the triumph of the human spirit over adversity.
*The exhibits are from film footages, photographs, text panels and artifacts illustrating the events and human stories that are part of the epic saga, known as apartheid *The Mandela House is a leading center for the preservation, presentation, and research of the history, heritage and legacy of the Mandela Family.
*Is where Mandela´s family used to live. *Hector was the first person who was killed by Afrikaners.
*He died when he was 12. THE END INTERESTING FACTS by: Laura Diez *when Mandela got into the government, he was not thinking about revenge.
*He made a mixed government with white and black people.