Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Intro to Globalization
Transcript of Intro to Globalization
Globalization is the rapid growth of social connections
between people and groups around the world.
Where did globalization come from?
What impact is globalization having?
"You can’t be neutral on a moving train.” - Howard Zinn
How do you think this relates
to the issue of globalization?
Causes of globalization
Age of Discovery
Technology to explore world
Colonization of new world & its resources
Industrial Society: 1750-1970
Use of fossil fuels to mass produce goods.
Explore for new markets & resources.
Post-Industrial Society: 1970s-present
Connected markets faster transactions.
Issues Impacted by Globalization
2. Resource management
3. Economic Integration
Trade as a % of World GDP