Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Magic, Witchcraft, Supernatural during the Renaissance Era
Transcript of Magic, Witchcraft, Supernatural during the Renaissance Era
- Being thrown into lakes
- Tearing their fingernails out, then sticking needles into their raw and exposed skin of the fingers
- Cutting off limbs with hot pincers
- Hammering and crushing their bones Recent - February 8th: A mob stripped and tortured a woman accused of witchcraft, then burned her alive in front of hundreds of horrified witnesses in a Papua New Guinea town. She was tortured with a hot iron rod, bound, doused in gasoline, and then set alight on a pile of car tires and trash Types of Witches -Any kind of witchcraft became illegal. Both Catholic and Protestant religions took witchcraft as a sin Accusing During the Medieval times people blamed unexplainable events as the work of witchcraft and witches. Punished What is Witchcraft? Luck, Ghost, witches, astrology, and health superstitions are considered supernatural. Ex. horseshoes, clover, sliver and iron were good luck. Many Renaissance-era people believed that bad health was also a result of sinning and would turn to the Catholic Church for blessings and prayers to be healed. The art of producing illusions as entertainment by the use of sleight of hand, deceptive devices, etc During the Renaissance period, witches and witchcraft was considered to be very real and powerful instead of "myths" like we believe in today. Witchcraft, also called black magic, is the evil use of supernatural powers sourced from the devil. Black White Black witches were " devil worshipers" White witches were considered "healers" Mostly women were accused of being witches.- 270 witch trials | 247 were woman \ 23 were men the art or practices of a witch; sorcery; magic. What is magic? people living in the Renaissance era participated in rituals to ward off everything from fairy visits to ghostly encounters. Eclipses were considered bad omens, while certain constellations appearing heralded a season of fortune. Magic, Witchcraft, and supernaturals during the Renaissance era By: Kayla Simmions,