Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CAS-What is it?
Transcript of CAS-What is it?
CAS- What Is It?
Ask yourself these questions:
Involves creative thinking
Satisfies learning outcomes:
ex: undertaken new challenges
Examples: music, dance, art, writing, etc.
Benefit both the community and the student
L.O.: Social and ethical implications
Contacting organizations: VFC
1. You will receive your ManageBac account from the IB/CAS coordinator.
2. Once you log in, you will be able to add a CAS activity, choosing your targeted learning outcomes.
3. After completing the activity, your reflection may be in the form of a journal, pictures, video, web blog, etc.
“Think globally, act locally”.
1. Why am I doing this?
2. where's the challenge?
3. How will I do this?
4. What have I achieved?
The CAS Criteria
(more) Learning Outcomes
These are now the focus of the CAS program to emphasize quality, not just quantity or hours! Think of the following before, during, and after the activity:
Increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth
Undertaken new challenges
Planned and initiated activities
Worked collaboratively with others
Shown perseverance and commitment in their activities
Engaged with issues of global importance
Considered the ethical implications of their actions
Developed new skills
Just three simple steps:
P. A. R.
(CAS forms from coordinator)
(Be responsible, act responsible)
(REFLECT, REFLECT, REFLECT- whatever form)
how you felt
what you perceived
what the activity meant to you/ its value
what did you learn (i.e. the outcomes) and possibly applications
Physical challenge, not just sports
Coaching and team sports
L.O.: planning and initiating activities