Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Intercultural Communication and the Organization
Transcript of Intercultural Communication and the Organization
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
Why study Intercultural Communication?
What do we mean by Culture?
Barriers to Effective Intercultural Communication
The Hofstede Studies
1. Uncertainty avoidance
2. Power distance
3. Individualism versus collectivism
4. Masculinity versus femininity
Effective Intercultural Communication has become Essential
Economic and Political Interdependence
Space and time orientation
Patterns of thinking
Intercultural Communication in Organizational Contexts
* Defining Intercultural Communication
* Types of Intercultural Exchanges and Problems
Approaches to Multinational Expansion
1. Cultural dominance
2. Cultural accommodation
3. Cultural compromise
4. Cultural avoidance
5. Cultural synergy
Suggestions for Overcoming Barriers
1. There are verbal and nonverbal differences among cultural groups.
2. There are perceptual disparities.
3. There is ignorance.
* Following Prescriptions
Learn about other Cultures
1. Acquire multicultural competencies and skills including foreign languages.
2. Become students of worldwide human relations and values.
3. Think beyond local perceptions and transform stereotypes into positive views of people.
4. Become open and flexible in dealing with diversities in people.
* Recognize Diversity within Cultural Groups
* Assume an Egalitarian Frame
Rhea Joy Trangia
Rachel May Bagnaan
Cristy Lyn Moquera
Individualism VS. Collectivism
Masculinity VS. Femininity
Patterns of thinking