Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
WTCLA: LA County
Transcript of WTCLA: LA County
10.2 million people live in LA County
18.4 million live in the five-county area
Operations at LAX generated:
294,400 jobs in Los Angeles County
$13.6 billion in labor income
$39.7 billion in economic output
$2.5 billion added local and state revenues
Ports of LA & LB
Ports of LA & Long Beach
World Class Infrastructure
Hub of International Trade and Innovation
Access to Global Markets
$664 Billion Economy
ASSETS: Our People
224 languages spoken
100+ Consulates in Los Angeles
49 foreign language publications
of the Region
896,000 jobs throughout the region
1.2 million jobs throughout California
3.6 million jobs throughout the U.S.
State and Local Tax Revenue
$6 billion throughout California
$23 billion throughout U.S.
Value of trade to the Economy
$63 billion throughout California
$260 billion throughout U.S.
2015 Total Trade
Los Angeles Customs District
#1 - World's busiest origin and destination airport
5th busiest airport in the World (2rd in the U.S.)
74.5 million passengers (2015)
696 daily flights to 97 domestic cities
1,181 weekly nonstop flights to 72 cities in 38 countries
14th airport in the world (5th in the U.S.)
2 million tons
Over 100 trains a day
Access to 14 major US freight hubs
1.5 billion sq-ft
of warehouse & distribution space
10,000 US EPA compliant clean trucks
#1 Manufacturing Center in the U.S
total workers in 2013
- Transportation equipment:
- Fabricated metal products:
- Computer and electronics:
- Food products:
1.3 million college graduates
1,556 PhDs (2014)
5,569 Engineers (2014)
3 world class research uiversities:
CalTech (ranked #1 in world)
118 other colleges and universities
3,550 patents granted (2013)
World Trade Center Los Angeles
15.29 Million TEU's (2015)
$5 Billion Capital Improvement Project
Aerospace and Defense:
in VC investments
Raised in CleanTech
World Trade Center Los Angeles (WTCLA)
is dedicated to attracting foreign direct investment and facilitating business opportunities between Los Angeles and international companies.
– WTCLA is the leading Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) service provider to attract key international companies and help them locate or expand operations in Los Angeles.
– WTCLA is the clearing house for information to help international companies learn how to successfully locate and operate in Los Angeles.
– WTCLA is the premier facilitator of connections with business leaders, service providers, and governmental partners for international and local companies.
Third largest industry in LA
$120 Billion industry
4,084 Square Miles
100+ Unincorporated Areas