Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Hazel Dell Christian Church Account of Joseph
Transcript of Hazel Dell Christian Church Account of Joseph
12 brothers (including himself) and 1 sister
His mother, Rachel, died giving birth to her second son, Joseph's only full brother, Benjamin.
His father's favorite son
Envied by his brothers
They attempted to kill him, but sold him to Egyptian slave traders instead.
Becomes Prime Minister of Egypt. Joseph and His Family Read Genesis 37
How would you describe Joseph's relationship with his brothers?
Could Joseph have prevented the jealousy of his brothers? Why or why not?
How do you think God was at work throughout the chapter?
How do you see God's hand at work in your life? Joseph's Early Life in Egypt Read Genesis 39:1-6
How did God use Joseph's captivity for good?
What does it mean that the Lord was with Joseph?
Does God's favor mean prosperity?
Summarize the story of Potiphar's wife.
Have you ever been falsely accused?
How did you handle it? Joseph's Rise To Power Read Genesis 40:1-8
What do you learn about Joseph from the way he responded to the cupbearer and baker in prison?
Read Genesis 40:14-15 and 20 - 23
How was life again "unfair" to Joseph?
Summarize how Joseph rose to power.
How old was Joseph at this point (Gen 41:46) Joseph Reconciliation with His Family Joseph's Last Days Abraham to Joseph God “broke” Joseph by taking him out of comfortable circumstances and stretching him.
God often has to “break” us before He can use us. Joseph lived a life of integrity and was faithful to God in the midst of prosperity and adversity. He is a great example for us to follow. There is no mistake in where God has you.
Allow Him to use you where you are. There is often a delay before seeing God work through us.
Delays are a necessary time of spiritual preparation. Josephs’ life teaches us that disappointments are vital to spiritual growth because they demand faith and resting all hope upon God. We must trust God with our emotions when we are face to face with those who have hurt us deeply. Read Hebrews 11:22
How did Joseph show his faith in God's covenant with Abraham?
Read Genesis 50:15-24 Joseph's last words...
“I am about to die. But God will surely come to your aid and take you up out of this land to the land he promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.” Genesis 50:24
God is in control even when it seems that your world is spinning madly out of control.
God uses even the negative motives of others to bring about His perfect purpose. Summary
1. God often has to “break” us before He can use us.
2. Live a life of integrity and faithfulness to God in the
midst of prosperity and adversity.
3. There is no mistake in where God has you. Allow Him to use you where you are.
4. Delays are a necessary time of spiritual preparation.
5. Disappointments are vital to spiritual growth
because they demand faith and resting all hope upon God.
6. Trust God with our emotions when we are face to face with those who have hurt us deeply.
7. God is in control even when it seems that your world is
spinning madly out of control.
8. God uses even the negative motives of others to bring about His perfect purpose.