Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Postsecondary Goals
Postsecondary goals are what the student is going to achieve after leaving high school. They involve:
age 14 & up>measurable postsecondary goals.
What are the options?
Familiarize student with what's to come
Expose them to resources
Teach decision making
Is the student prepared?
Now you should know about postsecondary goals and:
what the standards are
how they look in an IEP
what the options are
what they involve
whether or not the student is prepared
What you learned!
What are the standards for
What do postsecondary goals involve?
Examples of Postsecondary Goals:
Students with Mild Disabilities
After graduating from high school, Billy will work part-time as a shop helper in his uncle’s shop to gain experience in the Automotive repair industry.
After graduation, Billy will attend Northern Crawford County Community College in the welding certificate program.
After graduation from high school, Billy will follow the laws of his community while living independently in an apartment.
Students with Moderate Disabilities:
After high school, Ace will work part time in the Food Court at the local college with supports from Vocational Rehabilitation and the staff from the college.
After high school, Ace will participate in weekly instruction on independent living skills at the local Independent Living Center in her community.
After high school, Ace will live semi-independently with a roommate in an assisted living apartment with supports provided through Disability Services.
Students with Severe Disabilities:
After completion of high school, Kirstin will participate in a center based program with an adult curriculum, receiving services to increase her stamina and mobility to prepare her for work.
After completion of high school, Kirstin will participate in a center based program with an adult cirriculum focused on gaining maximum social communication, daily living and vocational skills.
After completion of high school, Kirstin will use an augmentative communication device at home and in the community to communicate her wants, needs, and desires and to interact with her environment more independently.
Must be introduced by age 16
Implemented in the IEP
Based on transition assessments
Identity of the student
-What does the student want to do after school?
-Where and how does the student want to live?
-How does the student want to take part in the community?
Any form of data collection
help narrow options
> job shadowing
What it looks like in an IEP
1. Student will be prepared to participate in postsecondary education/training based on completion of graduation requirements and submission of application for enrollment.
2. Student will be prepared to participate in competitive employment with no need for support based on successful completion of career exploration, community-based work, and/or cooperative education experience.
3. Student will be prepared to participate in competitive employment with time-limited support based on successful completion of career exploration, community-based work experiences, and/or cooperative education experience.
4. Student will be prepared to participate in supported employment based on successful completion of school-based work experiences, community-based career exploration, and application for supported employment services.
5. Student will be prepared to participate in day/activity training program based on successful completion of school-based career exploration experiences and application for adult services.