Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Navigating Senior Year
Transcript of Navigating Senior Year
College Essay Workshops
Essay Review Meetings (by appointment only)
College Application Workshops
College Interview Preparation
Encourage Parents to Attend College Information Night
December & January
February- May =
Sign up and take PCC Placement Test
Sign up for PCC Pathways Program
Continue to apply for Scholarships
Deadlines & More Deadlines
Take University Admissions Placement test
check university portals for dates & deadlines
may not be required depending on SBAC and SAT scores
Take Community College Placement Testing
Send final Transcripts through Parchment
Visit admitted Colleges
Final Decision May 1st!
Navigating Senior Year
Without freaking out
Update College List
Colleges I'm Thinking about
Colleges I'm Applying To
Identify what is important to you!
Build Your College List
Apply, Apply, Apply!
While we wait for Decisions, be sure to...
Once you've been admitted, don't forget to...
Your College Essay
What does this essay tell you?
Breaking it down
1. Think about all of the activities that you are involved in
2. Select one activity
3. Complete the worksheet
1. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story
2. The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
3.Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
4.Describe a problem you’ve solved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma-anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
5.Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
1. Describe the world you come from — for example, your family, community or school — and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.
2. Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?
Describe the world you come from — for example, your family, community or school — and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.
Finalizing my Resume
Building Your Resume
Highlight your achievements
Identify your skills
Put your experience on Paper
Extra Curricular Activities
Awards & Achievments
Why Do I need A Resume?
What do I add in my Resume?
select customizable Resume
check all of the boxes
select save & update
Don't forget to update your resume when...
you start a new volunteer position
start a new job
get a new award
start a new club
Update College List
Attend Senior Orientation
Request Letters of Recommendation (3wks notice)
College Essays: Complete, review, rewrite!
Attend College Presentations
Attend Financial Aid Nights Part 1 & 2
Complete your FAFSA
Attend Cash for college
Complete CSS Profile
Don't Forget about the
October 1st- November 30th
November 1st- November 30th
Private/Out of State:
Varies by school
Common App = Counselor Reccomendation
Don't Forget to Visit...
College & Career Center Website:
Get To Know Your Counselor!! Common App= Letter of Recommendation
Research, Research, Research!
4 year colleges
Do you know your counselor?If not, now is a great time to meet them
Apply for Community College
Learn about TAG (Transfer Admission Guarantee
Learn about Certificated programs
Continue to Apply for Scholarships
Take SAT/ACT & Submit Test Scores
Tell your Counselor to submit Mid-Year Reports
Notify Colleges of Spring Schedule Changes
Get to know your counselor!
Develop & finalize college list
Visit College Campuses or take Virtual Tour
Start College Resume
Start College Essays
Begin your applications
Common App Available August 1st
CSU Mentor (Available now)
Preparing for Registraion
Review your Post High School Pathway
Verify A-G Requirements
Verify Graduation Requirements
Summer School Registration
Reasons for Summer School
Make up D's for A-G courses (Fee Based)
Make up an F for Graduation (Free)
Registration begins: February 23rd
Registration ends: March 4th