Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Signposting
Easy to follow 'Signpost language' is the words and phrases that people use to tell the listener what has just happened, and what is going to happen next What is 'signposting' in a presentation? Language that you use to connect your presentations and your slides so that your audience can follow you and understand what you are doing. Language that you use to c______ your p________ and your slides so that your a_______ can f_______ you and u________ what you are doing. 1. Introducing
3. Transition (finishing / starting a section
5. Inviting questions Signpost language guides the listener through the presentation. So why use signposting? Signposting language Opening language
To start with...
To begin with...
First... Changing topics
We have talked about A, now lets discuss ...
move on to ...
turn to ...
talk about ... Concluding
To sum up...
Finally... Presentation for visitors of your country Task You are going to make a short presentation for visitors to your country
The presentation should last around 3 minutes
Choose one piece of signpost language from each section of the worksheet.
- List and practice key vocabulary
- Prepare 3 sections
- Prepare 3 questions for your colleagues Choose 3 adjectives that remind you of where are you from
- Speaking activity Speak for one minute
Speaker - 1 point for each word not guessed
Listener - 1 point for each word guessed correctly