Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of 212 degree Leadership
Transcript of Copy of 212 degree Leadership
10 RULES FOR HIGHLY EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP
Think SERVE not LEAD
-Robert K. Greenleaf
Be a servant leader
:those who others want to follow
let your ego go
Become a good listener FIRST
Build positive relationships
Rely on discipline
Make adding value
Companies don't succeed
... people do
1st step: Get the right people on the bus
Finished: Once their onboard , Treat them right
2nd step: Get the right people in the right seats
Last step: Figure out where the bus is going
(cc) image by nuonsolarteam on Flickr
For every 1 time you offer constructive criticism acknowledge them for 5 things they've done right
* Praise them on the spot
* Acknowledge them publicly
* Find creative ways to reward good behavior
" Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others"
- Jonathan Swift
- Each team member is resoposible to one another for staying upbeat and positive
PULL, Fred! PULL, Jack!
PULL, Ted PULL, PULL Warwick!
- Leaders must know the pulse of the team
- We CAN'T choose challenges, but we CAN choose how we face them
Keys to effective communication:
What's comming up
How they're doing
"Communication works for those who work at it"
- John Powell
Possible responses from leadership
Set the stage
the most important
not a skill
it is an attitude
- Ralph Marsten
To get a good idea get lots of ideas
-Don't be afraid to make mistakes
- Change is inevitable,
growth is optional
- "Innovation distinguishes between a LEADER and a FOLLOWER"
*Innovation calls for creative people who are willing to take risks and will be recognized for thie r efforts
- Steve Jobs
" You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore"
- Lord Chesterfield
Excellence is in the details
- Positive attitudes and letting everyone have a part and believing in it.
- Requires humilily, dignity, and grace
- Desire is the key
- Honest mistakes are a part of the learning proccess
- Don't play it safe
BEHAVIOR & ACTION
You have control over your destiny
You become an active contributor rather than a passive observer
Others look to you for leadership
You gain the reputation as problem solver
You enhance your opportunities
You enjoy satisfaction of getting things accomplished
You experience less anger, fustration, & helplessness
You realize postiveness effects personal life
I won't wait for others
to take the first step
If it is to be, it's up to me.
If not me, who?
If not me, when?
Let me take a shot at it
I will not pass the buck
You can count on me
It IS my job!
Just do it!
" What gets measured gets improved"
- Peter Drucker
Are we making progress
towards our goal?
Determine where you are now
Set realistic targets for improvement
Track, monitor, and review results
Ingredients to trust
leaders stay the course
leaders walk their
leaders are there
when it counts
leaders honor commitments & promises