Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Video Game Design
Transcript of Video Game Design
Video Game Design
Game Programming Careers
- One of the most complicated parts of video game development.
- Roles and titles now highly specialized and diversified.
- Deliver movie-like gaming experiences.
- Designs the base engine the games run on.
- Familiar with physics and graphics.
- Usually has experience in other roles to qualify for the job.
- Skilled in 3D modeling, special effects, and graphic optimization.
- To be able to handle the job, they excel in advanced mathematics.
- Develop the artificial intelligence for game and enemies.
- Expanding job due to advanced gaming.
- Who make online gaming possible.
- Establishes network securities.
- Now a high demand job due to the popularity of online multiplayer in recent years.
- Overseer of advanced programming tasks and management.
- Experience in multiple programming areas.
- Makes important design and tech decisions.
Careers in Desigining
There are many different careers in the entire field, other than the few specific positions I will go over here in a minute.
Most of the time, one person can (and does) work in more than one department, even in the biggest of production studios.
- Designers create highly detailed documents containing a blueprint of all aspects of the game.
- Game designers keep the rest of the development staff up to date.
- Often incorporate the tester's feedback into design decisions.
-Design rules for the gameplay.
- They are also known as systems designers.
-Specialize in programming and coding.
- Design levels, missions, and environments.
- Place elements of terrain designed by the environment artists.
(environment artists design specific objects for the game)
- Tasked with writing the game's story.
- Character dialogue, cut scene or narration text, game tips, and menu text.
- Writers don't always work full-time.
-Easier to get this job if you speak more than one language fluently (for porting games to different countries
- Lead designers have years of experience in all aspects of game design.
- Lead a team of game designers.
- Gets the final say on all major design choices.
- Sometimes credited with the game itself.
- Reveals the game at trade shows and answer media questions.
Careers in video game art design
- Exceptional opportunities for artists.
- Creative freedom
- Variety of work in both 2D and 3D.
- Highly proficient in traditional hand-drawn arts and 2D software.
- Responsible for the look and feel of the game.
- They work closely with the art director to maintain consistency in visual style.
- Designs 3D models for characters, creatures.
- use their extensive knowledge of anatomy for humans and animals in their work.
- Sculpt the game world environment.
- Create 3D terrain features, landscapes architecture and objects.
- Create textures and skins.
- Modeling is sometimes handled by the same artists.
- The highest rank art job.
- Art directors served in a variety of other artist roles.
- Manages all areas of the art team.
- They decide the art style and feeling.
- Most of their time is spent managing, and directing tasks.
I chose Jon Casteel as my mentor because
I've taken all the classes possible that he teaches over the past 4 years, and we're pretty close as far as a student/teacher relationship would go. He's knowledgeable in his field. I approached him with the idea of my product, and he was instantly intrigued, and was eager to take on the project.
one of the main backbones that turn
<--this into that-->
codes a program of it's own, makes it where things like this--------->
can be created
Who Am I?
- avid gamer since childhood
- class clown
- hard-working on things I'm interested in
- genuinely excited about game design