Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Video Game Design
Transcript of Video Game Design
Video Game Design
Game Programming Careers
- One of the most complicated parts of video game development.
- Roles and titles now highly specialized and diversified.
- Deliver movie-like gaming experiences.
- Designs the base engine the games run on.
- Familiar with physics and graphics.
- Usually has experience in other roles to qualify for the job.
- Skilled in 3D modeling, special effects, and graphic optimization.
- To be able to handle the job, they excel in advanced mathematics.
- Develop the artificial intelligence for game and enemies.
- Expanding job due to advanced gaming.
- Who make online gaming possible.
- Establishes network securities.
- Now a high demand job due to the popularity of online multiplayer in recent years.
- Overseer of advanced programming tasks and management.
- Experience in multiple programming areas.
- Makes important design and tech decisions.
Careers in Desigining
There are many different careers in the entire field, other than the few specific positions I will go over here in a minute.
Most of the time, one person can (and does) work in more than one department, even in the biggest of production studios.
- Designers create highly detailed documents containing a blueprint of all aspects of the game.
- Game designers keep the rest of the development staff up to date.
- Often incorporate the tester's feedback into design decisions.
-Design rules for the gameplay.
- They are also known as systems designers.
-Specialize in programming and coding.
- Design levels, missions, and environments.
- Place elements of terrain designed by the environment artists.
(environment artists design specific objects for the game)
- Tasked with writing the game's story.
- Character dialogue, cut scene or narration text, game tips, and menu text.
- Writers don't always work full-time.
-Easier to get this job if you speak more than one language fluently (for porting games to different countries
- Lead designers have years of experience in all aspects of game design.
- Lead a team of game designers.
- Gets the final say on all major design choices.
- Sometimes credited with the game itself.
- Reveals the game at trade shows and answer media questions.
Careers in video game art design
- Exceptional opportunities for artists.
- Creative freedom
- Variety of work in both 2D and 3D.
- Highly proficient in traditional hand-drawn arts and 2D software.
- Responsible for the look and feel of the game.
- They work closely with the art director to maintain consistency in visual style.
- Designs 3D models for characters, creatures.
- use their extensive knowledge of anatomy for humans and animals in their work.
- Sculpt the game world environment.
- Create 3D terrain features, landscapes architecture and objects.
- Create textures and skins.
- Modeling is sometimes handled by the same artists.
- The highest rank art job.
- Art directors served in a variety of other artist roles.
- Manages all areas of the art team.
- They decide the art style and feeling.
- Most of their time is spent managing, and directing tasks.
I chose Jon Casteel as my mentor because
I've taken all the classes possible that he teaches over the past 4 years, and we're pretty close as far as a student/teacher relationship would go. He's knowledgeable in his field. I approached him with the idea of my product, and he was instantly intrigued, and was eager to take on the project.
one of the main backbones that turn
<--this into that-->
codes a program of it's own, makes it where things like this--------->
can be created
Who Am I?
- avid gamer since childhood
- class clown
- hard-working on things I'm interested in
- genuinely excited about game design