Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of EPIDEMIOLOGY
* such health problem
include drug abuse,
and infectious diseases. What is epidemiology? BY: Sabrina Piraneque Population could be entire world. A Country It could also be just a single school. Classes to take in High School: *AP Science Courses: Biology, Chemistry, and Physic *Other science courses such as anatomy and Forensics, and Physiology Other Types of Courses to Take in High School: * Algebra II, Geometry, Trigonometry, AP Calculus, AP Statistics
*Public Speaking, Sociology, and Psychology University of Pennsylvania: requiremnts * In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
* required 4 years in English , 3 years of science, 3 years of History, and 4 years of math during high school
*SAT MATH: 690- 780 *SAT WRITING: 670-770
*ACT: 30-34 *at least 3.0 GPA average
* Only 12% of applicants accepted University of Iowa: requiremnts * 80% of applicants admitted
*required 4 years of english, 3 years of science, math, and social studies, and at least 2 years of a foreign language
*GPA of 2.5 or more
*SAT Critical reading: 450-630
*SAT MATH: 540-680 *ACT: 23-28 CLASSES THAT SHOULD BE TAKEN IN COLLEGE:
* Health Science
* social science
* behavioral science. At least one of each: Pathway to becoming a Epidemiologist: Step 1: Bachelor's Degree * Get bachelor's degree in any science field Step 2: Master's Degree * Go to Graduate school.
* Takes 2 years to get master's .
*To become an epidemiologist the minimum requirement is getting a Master's in epidemiology or public health.
*Applied Epidemiologist Step 3: Doctorate Degree ( Optional) * Takes up to 5 years after entering with Bachelor's Degree.
*Research Epidmiologist Applied Epidemiologists: *Master's Degree
*Work in local, state, or national health agencies.
*Detect and try to prevent major health problems.
*Median Wage: $ 61,360 Research Epidemiologist: *P. H. D
*study new diseases and develop prevention plans
* work in laboratories, universities,or work for the federal government.
*Can earn up to $103,344/yr. Links: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/ http://coolsciencecareers.rice.edu/ http://education-portal.com/become_an_epidemiologist.html http://rwjf.org/content/rwjf/en/about-rwjf/newsroom/newsroom-content/2008/03/is-epidemiology-in-your-future.html Is IT FOR YOU? * Like to work with the public
* Have good math and science skills
* Love to investigate
*Be prepared for anything. On the Job: *Monitor and report infectious diseases to state health agencies. *Collect analyze, and interpret samples to study effects of drugs, gases, pesticides, or microorganisms on cell structure and tissue. *Plan, administer and evaluate health safety standards and programs to improve public health, conferring with health department, industry personnel, physicians and others. $ 43,566 Enjoy: * Center of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatics offers diverse research opportunities at Penn State.
* opportunities in interning at the Center for Emerging infectious diseases in Iowa City at Iowa University. $8,057 in-state
$26,679 out-of-state What is an Epidemiologist ? * They are like medical detectives . Discovering and finding cures to many diseases.
*Study the frequency, distribution, and causes of disease in human populations.
*Develop plans to control and prevent diseases.