Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
9/11 independent reading
Transcript of 9/11 independent reading
stop and jot
A genre is a category or type of content.
Choosing a Book
Copy down the Lesson EQ
Respond to the following prompt in your notes:
Describe the types of movies/TV shows/books that you like
Tuesday, September 13th
Independent Reading Expectations
Come in quietly, get your reading log and your book
Read silently and independently
Summarize or reflect on your reading if you'd like
Use reading comprehension strategies to engage in the book
Set goals and track your reading
Genres and Subgenres
stop and jot
Turn and Talk
Discuss your response to the do now with the person next to you
Do you have any favorite shows, movies, or books in common?
How do you choose the shows, movies, or books that you want to watch or read?
Check out the books at each station before choosing one to read
What is a genre?
If you can, provide examples
What are the main genres of literature?
250 pages per semester
Abandoned book worksheet
Book Review Project
How do you decide what book to read?