Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
"60 in 60": 60 Webtools in 60 Minutes
Transcript of "60 in 60": 60 Webtools in 60 Minutes
@rroysden and @wcrouch
"60 in 60": 60 Webtools in 60 minutes
photo (cc) Malte Sörensen @ flickr
60 in 60 presentation by Brandon Lutz http://60in60.wikispaces.com/60in602012ISTE
an excellent example of a web 2.0 wiki: http://cooltoolsforschools.wikispaces.com/
A wiki is a space on the Web where you can share work and ideas, pictures and links, videos and media — and anything else you can think of.
This site is excellent for use as a backchannel to allow students the opportunity to collaborate, ask questions, comment, share links, etc. in the classroom.
this presentation is a prezi:
3. Prezi: http://prezi.com/
Especially great for google urls--they get extremely long
Prezi is a cloud-based presentation software that teachers and students can use to create visually captivating presentations.
Wordle is an oldie but goodie. Use Wordle to create word clouds that are visually pleasing to enhance your content. Remember, the more the word is used, the larger it appears in the wordle. If you want to put two words together--don't forget to use a hyphen!
5. wordle: http://www.wordle.net/
More options with Polleverywhere: https://www.polleverywhere.com/plans/k-12
6. Polleverywhere: http://www.polleverywhere.com/
Poll your audience with any device--phone, Smartphone, iPad, pc, etc.
@adambellow example from ISTE12 http://edutecher.symbaloo.com/
7. Scoopit: http://www.scoop.it/
Symbaloo is an easy way to navigate the Internet. Excellent for classroom use. Can easily copy and paste embed code for a classroom website like Google Sites.
8. Symbaloo: http://www.symbaloo.com/
Classroom use: Excellent for teacher and student note-taking, organization, sharing, and so much more. Download for computer, apps for iPhone, iPad, Android.
9. Evernote: http://evernote.com/
excellent site for current events and AMAZING photographs to use in the classroom for writing or more
10. The Boston Globe's The Big Picture: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/
One of my favorites for screen capture of images and for easy to make tutorials or lessons for subs. NOW there is snaggit chrome extension--free https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/techsmith-snagit-extensio/annopcfmbiofommjmcmcfmhklhgbhkce?hl=en-US
11. Jing: http://www.techsmith.com/jing
12. Photomath: https://photomath.net/en/
powerful, yet easy-to-use, cloud-based collaborative video creation platform, you will be able to create and share professional-quality videos. No editing experience needed! FREE version and NEW FEATURES worth premium price for $48/year
13. Wevideo: www.wevideo.com
A great way for the teacher to share youtube videos without worrying about a filter! See if it works at YOUR school!
14. Google Presentation: http://www.docs.google.com
15. Diigo: http://www.diigo.com/
My very favorite online social bookmarking site! Get yourself and your students organized using Diigo! Highlight, use sticky notes, create groups and share globally!
TCAP Practice Tests done in Google Forms--then used this addon to score and share data with teachers
16. Google Forms with Flubaroo add on
QR Codes are everywhere! Create your own!
17. QR Stuff: http://www.qrstuff.com/
you go to www.kahoot.it and enter game pin and name to play today!
18. Kahoot: https://getkahoot.com/
19. nurph: http://nurph.com/
20. Formative: http://goformative.com/
make, find, and share flashcards for your lessons
21. Quizlet: http://quizlet.com/
Animoto is a video creation service (online and mobile) that makes it easy and fun for anyone to create and share extraordinary videos using their own pictures, video clips, words and music.
22. Animoto: http://animoto.com/
apply for an education upgrade: http://animoto.com/education
Clip anything, share everything!
23. Educlipper: http://educlipper.net/
Discover exhibits and collections from museums and archives all around the world. Explore cultural treasures in extraordinary detail, from hidden gems to masterpieces.
24. Google Cultural Institute: https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/u/0/home
Using Skype in the classroom to connect with others globally is a powerful tool!
25. Skype in the Classroom: https://education.skype.com/
excellent site for creating classes and tracking behavior (positive and negative) as well as taking attendance. Use on your computer or use your smartphone as a remote to track . VERY COOL!
26. Classdojo: http://www.classdojo.com
create a jeopardy game without using PowerPoint--no sign in--just create and don't forget the url!
27. Jeopardylabs: https://jeopardylabs.com/
LiveBinders - Your 3-ring binder for the web
Collect your resources
Organize them neatly and easily
Make an impression
28. Livebinders: http://www.livebinders.com/play/play/593036?backurl=%2Fshelf%2Ffeatured&play_view=play
29. Talk Typer: http://talktyper.com/
TalkTyper is a super cool tool for speech recognition in a browser (only Chrome). All a person has to do is enable their microphone on their computer and start talking into the browser and the text should appear on the screen. It can then be edited, printed, and shared w/ others.
Get active with Move It, the easiest way to be reminded that you should integrate a break into your work online..
30. Move It--Chrome Extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/move-it/kopilngnmfklhhjocdfdlokmodibcbmk?hl=en-US
31. Flippity.net Quiz Show: http://www.flippity.net/QuizShow.asp
Turn online videos into interactive learning experiences that engage students and deepen understanding.
32. Zaption: http://www.zaption.com/
Plickers is a powerfully simple tool that lets teachers collect real-time formative assessment data without the need for student devices
33. Plickers: https://www.plickers.com/
The newspaper clipping generator!
34. Fodey: http://www.fodey.com/generators/newspaper/snippet.asp
35. Readability: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/readability/oknpjjbmpnndlpmnhmekjpocelpnlfdi?hl=en
SO COOL TOOL! Check it out! Students will give credit and cite sources with just a click! I will model this for you! You can't watch video later!
36. Research Tool in Google Docs: http://docs.google.com
37. Video Notes: http://www.videonot.es
Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. Our math missions guide learners from kindergarten to calculus using state-of-the-art, adaptive technology that identifies strengths and learning gaps. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences, and MIT to offer specialized content.
38. Khan Academy: http://www.khanacademy.org/
Download your youtube videos and save in several formats to share at school. Excellent for when youtube is blocked at school!
39. Keepvid: http://keepvid.com/
Educational videos, lessons, and games for students K-12.
40. Neok12: http://www.neok12.com/
Create free educational games, quizzes, activities and diagrams in seconds! Host them on your own blog, website or intranet! No signup, no passwords, no charge!
41. Classtools: http://classtools.net/
Educational videos, lessons, and games to use in the K-12 classroom.
share your screen or join someone else's screen. Very handy tool! It is a download!
42. Join.me: https://join.me/
43. Illuminations: http://illuminations.nctm.org/
44. 81 Dash: http://81dash.com/
81Dash has been a tremendous passion project of ours. Created by teachers for teachers. It would mean the world to us for you to share images of you and your students using 81Dash. It's a great reminder of who is truly important in education. You are truly our inspiration.
45. Newsela: https://newsela.com/
Easy to make photo collages.
46. Photovisi: http://www.photovisi.com/
Timetoast allows people to create interactive timelines, which they can share anywhere on the web. Anyone can join Timetoast and start creating and sharing their own timelines, all they need is a valid email address. It's completely free!
47. Timetoast: http://www.timetoast.com/
Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. 2 GB Free
48. Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/
Create speaking avatars and use them as an effective learning tool.
49. Voki: http://voki.com/
A safe way for teachers to text message students and stay in touch with parents.
Free for teachers. Always.
50. Remind https://www.remind.com/
Periscope App--live video streaming app owned by Twitter--allows you to create and livebroadcast WAY COOL!
51. periscope: https://www.periscope.tv/
Twitter is the best way to connect with people, express yourself and discover what's happening. Possibly the best pd for an educator of all times if you follow the right people and hashtags!
52. Twitter http://www.twitter.com
a Twitter application that makes following and participating so much easier and organized!
53. Tweetdeck: http://www.tweetdeck.com/
"Storified" Tweets from FETC 2015 and my ISTE 2015 tweets: https://storify.com/rroysden/rroysden-tweets-fro-iste2015
54. Storify: https://storify.com/
Providing instructional and assessment tasks, lesson plans, and other resources for teachers, assessment writers, and curriculum developers since 2011.
56. Illustrative Mathematics: https://www.illustrativemathematics.org/
Very cool interactive periodic table of elements! Check it out!
57. Ptable: http://ptable.com/
58. Canva: https://www.canva.com/
MultCloud - Put multiple cloud drives into one
Free App for Managing Files and Transferring Files across Cloud Drives
59. Mult Cloud: https://www.multcloud.com/
60. Hatnote: Listen to Wikipedia
I challenge you to start with learning one or two of these tools during instruction! You don't have to know everything about it! Just learn what you need to make your lesson work.
Remember: It isn't about the technology, it is about the CONTENT!
The technology is simply a tool to help you promote teaching and learning. Enjoy!
Thanks for coming!
get flubaroo here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/flubaroo/mjkbmijfpphoabkogbdmdkolcnaenaia?hl=en-US
QR Codes in the Classroom--Kathy Schrock's guide: http://www.schrockguide.net/qr-codes-in-the-classroom.html
Game-based formative assessment
Track growth with every student response and get LIVE RESULTS!
Easily Turn a Google™ Spreadsheet Into a Quiz Show Like This:
Read closely. Think critically. Be worldly. Newsela is an innovative way to build reading comprehension with nonfiction that's always relevant: daily news. It's easy and amazing. Probably my favorite website for ELA!
55. Read and Write for Google Docs: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/readwrite-for-google/inoeonmfapjbbkmdafoankkfajkcphgd?hl=en-US
Listen to the sound of Wikipedia's recent changes feed. Bells indicate additions and string plucks indicate subtractions. Pitch changes according to the size of the edit; the larger the edit, the deeper the note. Green circles show edits from unregistered contributors, and purple circles mark edits performed by automated bots. You may see announcements for new users as they join the site, punctuated by a string swell. You can welcome him or her by clicking the blue banner and adding a note on their talk page.
Also: Skype and Author: http://skypeanauthor.wikifoundry.com/
Although the chat feature is heart and soul of 81Dash, we believe that students need more than just a safe chat environment. They need a Dashboard that allows them to communicate, share files, take notes, and keep track of important tasks.
create social graphics--simplified with tons of graphics To learn more about canva: https://www.canva.com/about
Nurph Channels give you everything you need to create and host and participate in next generation Twitter Chats. I've just learned about at #iste2015 and haven't used it yet!
Readability--you can read now, later or send to kindle. Strips websites of all distractions--can change font, size, background--also website: www.readability.com