Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Medical advances of World War 2
Transcript of Medical advances of World War 2
- Jan Theuninck TP Fast for "The Glory of the Guns" Madison Brown Medical advances during WW2 When the Battle Cry is spoken,
And the Voice of War is heard,
The soldiers of the Allies,
To battlefields do move.
The enemy is silent,
As if waiting for the sun,
Then they hear that awesome sound,
The booming of the Guns.
They shudder in their trenches
Within a gnawing fear,
Of knowing the Battery
Of 1-6-1 is here.
The shells come whistling all around,
And wreck and break and knock things down,
Creating havoc among the lines
And all that it surrounds.
The enemy has broken
In torn and tired dismay,
Those so inclined
Get down on knees and pray.
The Allies are victorious,
The enemy is on the run,
Once again they have been beaten
By the Glory of the Guns.
- Gunner MR Duncan *Title- The Glory of the Guns
*Author- Gunner MR Duncan
*Simile- The enemy is silent, as if waiting for the sun
*Personification- And the voice of war is heard
*Personification- The shells come whistling all around
*Onomatopoeia- The booming of the guns
*Meaning- This poem is talking about being on the battlefield and fighting during World War 2 and hearing the guns start firing and the glory that comes with winning. Before World War 2 there wasn't many medical advances. There wasn't much medicine or medical knowledge about ways to prevent infection or stop bleeding. Medicine and medical advances have came a long way through World War 2. This cartoon is showing how
Germany wants to control
the whole world. This is showing how the women
can help serve and fight with men. World War 2 Cartoons