Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of URANIUM
"Where is Uranium Mined?"
Australia is one of the largest uranium deposits in the globe.
By:Chanel Le,Raymond Tien,
Michelle Nguyen and Fiona Khuu
Once uranium ore has been extracted and processed, the final product produced as a result of this is
uranium concentrated solid known as
The term 'transport' is used in this document only to refer to the movement of material between facilities.
The facilities for the different stages are usually on the same site, and no transport is then required.
Two ways in which 'yellow cake' is processed
Acid Heap Leaching
Australia is home to around 40% of the world's uranium reserves
Crushed and grounded
Processed and purified
Washed and filtered
Precipitated and dried
Extracted from the solution using a solvent
Ore is crushed down into particles
Sorted by agglomerator using water and acid
Heaped up by stackers at the leach pads
Acid solution is added on heap