Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is dialect?
Transcript of What is dialect?
When Chris speaks in the novel, he is sometimes difficult to understand. Why is this?
Share out thoughts as a class.
Why do authors sometimes choose to have the characters speak using a dialect?
Do people who live in different regions all speak the same? For example, do people who live in South Carolina sound the same as people who live in New York City?
Think independently, then you will share your thoughts with a partner. Be ready to share out.
This is DIALECT.
Differences in speech habits are what make dialects. Speakers pronounce words differently. They use different words for the same thing. And they sometimes put words together in different ways. Different regions use a different dialect.
Let's see what this sounds like. Watch the video!
Dialect in The Perilous Road