Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Technology Integration
How do you effectively integrate technology into the classroom?
My name is Kelly Gorcica. I am a childhood and special education major with a minor in instructional technology. I am focusing on integrating technology into a 2nd grade classroom since that is what grade I want to teach.
The use of computers and computer programs in different areas of education in order to allow students to learn computer and technology skills. It makes lessons engaging and keeps students interested.
It is easy! Consider these examples but the list is endless
4. Have your students blog instead of writing journals
Incoporating technology into your classroom is vital in today's modern age. In the competitive age that we live in today students must learn to efficiently use computers,use the internet and master technology in general. Using technology in the classroom engages students.
Technology Integration Philosophy
What is technology integration?
Integrating technology into the classroom benefits all students. It allows them to have a hands on learning experience while getting the benefit of technology. Not convinced? Maybe this will help.
Why integrate technology into the classroom?
1. Think of making your activities interactive in your lesson using the smartboard for example
2. Take quizzes using Senteos
3. Make a classroom website for students and parents to view
5. Make a podcast with your students and display it as a newsletter
6. Use digital cameras in a group project
Creating a website
Windows movie maker
Software, programs and educational technology familiar with
Have students create a podcast of a field trip they took to the zoo. Students can tell what there favorite part was or what animal was there favorite. You can insert in sound effects as well to make the podcast better. Students will love to show their families and friends what they have made!
Heres some examples of how to integrate technology
Wiki's are great for group projects. They allow for students to create a group workspace online that all group members can access. You can immediately get changes that a group member has made without having to wait for an email. Wiki's are the new group project maker of the century.
Have students type blogs instead of writing journals. They will be able to post them online so that their families can see it. It will allow students to use the internet to help them develop there blog as well.