Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Spnioza and Epistemology
Transcript of Spnioza and Epistemology
- To be a genuine 'freeman,' intuitive recognition of god is needed.
- Spinoza's god = Christian's god (x)
- cf) ETHICA
Demonftrata "I understand god as an absolute eternal existence: the reality that is
formed with eternal attributes that each represent perpetual and
eternal essence." - His god is not a transcendental existence; it is an immanent being.
- God/Nature is a whole system of which we individual humans are parts of it
- Intuitive recognition allows humans to experience the 'big others' Ratio - adequate, clear, distinct, and rational knowledge
- movement by the way of deductive inference Ex Signis - knowledge from signs
- Recollect knowledge from signals and form certain ideas from them Experientia Vaga - Knowledge through random experiences
"...through the senses in a way which is mutilated, confused..." Who is he? Spinoza thought....(2) - If one can recognize the ultimate cause and order of matter rationally, Spnioza thought.... - The universe is a big machine which moves along an inevitable order
- Every matter is inevitablly connected as a cause and effect
- Humans are always agitated because they are finite beings with inadequate knowledge. - Baruch Spinoza (1632-1677) : one of the three major rationalists, most important of the post-cartesian philosophers. - one can acquire a peaceful mind and harmonize with the true universe. Knowledge of the first kind Knowledge of the second kind Knowledge of the third kind Scientia Intuitiva - intuitive knowledge: adequate knowledge of the formal essence of things
- the complete understanding of God can never be attained...supreme human goal Able to feel exterme happiness from the eternal point of view (sub specie aeternitatis) " Even if the world comes to the end tomorrow,
I will plant an apple tree today." - Spinoza
"[Spinoza] is a man who was drunk with god" - Novalis, a poet....
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING :D BIBLIOGRAPHY