Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Reading Stategies
When you monitor your reading, you check in with yourself to see if you are understanding.
How to Clarify Ideas
1. Note confusion- Stop reading when the selection is unclear, or confusing, to you.
Go back to see whether you missed something important. Read slowly.
Not Clear: Why does the daughter say she felt as if she had been sent to hell?
Reread: "... my mother told me what my schedule would be for piano lessons..."
3. Read On
Keep Reading: the author may give more information.
Read on: "Why don't you like me the way I am? I'm not a genius! I can't play the piano."
4. Relate to Personal Experience
Use what you know to link ideas and clarify the meaning.
Connection: Being pressured into something you are not is really painful.
Plan and Monitor
Set a Purpose
Find out what plans an ambitious mother has for her daughter.
What problems may arise when one person has ambitions for another?
Make and Confirm Predictions
Do you think the mother will give up her plan to make her daughter a prodigy? Explain.
How do you think the conflict between the mother and daughter will be resolved?
Retell: What plan does the mother have for her daughter?