Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Multi Cultural Literature
Transcript of Multi Cultural Literature
MultiCultural Children's Literature
Dr. Kathryn Pole
for Children and Young Adults
"The most current research in
the field will ground both theory and
practice, including understanding, selecting, and evaluating multicultural literature, as well as
integrating such literature
into the curriculum."
What is a
both our thought and action,
that is, these conceptual systems
how we relate to people."
"By examining the metaphors
of mirrors, windows, and doors,
we can identify how they structure our
perception (how we perceive), thoughts
(how we think), and actions
(what we do)."
One of the
most complex words
in the English
How we define
culture shapes how we understand
social difference and the literary
category of multicultural
The definition of culture
with which readers align themselves
shapes their reading in particular ways,
and certainly influences what they
deem worthy of notice
By: Randall Acheson
- Retired U. S. Coast Guard Chief Boatswain's Mate
- Texas Certified Mid-Level (4-8) Science Teacher
- Bachelor of Science in University Studies (2012)
- Master of Education in Teaching (Anticipated August 2014)
- Recently accepted into UT Arlington PhD in Educational
Leadership and Policy Studies August 2014 Cohort.
My Multicultural Young Adult Book Selections