Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Elvis
SPONSOR TO;LILO AND STICTH THIS PRESENTATION IS IN MEMORY OF ELVIS PRESLEY THE KING Elvis Aaron Presley Born in Tupelo, Mississippi, Presley moved to Memphis, Tennessee, with his family at the age of 13. He began his career there in 1954, working with Sun Records owner Sam Phillips, who wanted to bring the sound of African-American music to a wider audience. Accompanied by guitarist Scotty Moore and bassist Bill Black, Presley was the most important popularizer of rockabilly, an uptempo, backbeat-drive. ELVIS PRESELY ONE OF ELVIS'S QUOTES; "UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN MAY GOD BLESS YOU AS HE BLESSED ME."
- ELVIS PRESLEY CHILDHOOD IN TUEPLO Jesse Garon Presley, his identical twin brother, was delivered stillborn 35 minutes before him. As an only child, Presley became close to both parents and formed an unusually tight bond with his mother. The family attended an Assembly of God church, where he found his initial musical inspiration. Teenage life in Memphis . In November 1948, the family moved to Memphis, Tennessee.Presley, who never received formal music training or learned to read music, studied and played by ear. He frequented record stores with jukeboxes and listening booths.
. The Southern Gospel singer Jake Hess, one of his favorite performers, was a significant influence on his ballad-singing style.He was a regular audience member at the monthly All-Night Singing downtown, where many of the white gospel groups that performed reflected the influence of African-American spiritual music. In August 1953, Presley walked into the offices of Sun Records. He aimed to pay for a few minutes of studio time to record a two-sided acetate disc: "My Happiness" and "That's When Your Heartaches Begin". He would later claim he intended the record as a gift for his mother, or was merely interested in what he "sounded like", though there was a much cheaper, amateur record-making service at a nearby general store.At a time when certain rhythm-and-blues recordings -- most notably, Jackie Brenston's "Rocket 88" -- closely resembled what would soon be known as rock 'n' roll, Elvis began melding the music's. The TCB Band was a group of professional musicians who formed the core rhythm section of Elvis Presley’s band from August 1969 until his death in 1977.TCB stands for Taking Care of Business, a personal motto Presley adopted in the early 1970s. Although personnel changed over the years, the original members were James Burton (lead guitar), Jerry Scheff (bass), John Wilkinson (rhythm guitar), Larry Muhoberac (keyboards) and Ron Tutt (drums). They first appeared live at Presley’s Las Vegas, Nevada first performance at the Hotel International on July 31, 1969. T.C.B ~ TAKEING CARE OF BUSINESS Elvis and Priscilla met on September 13, 1959,during a party at Elvis' home in BadNauheim, Germany, during his stay in the army. Despite her being 14 years old, she made a huge impression on Elvis with her much older appearance Elvis allegedly regressed to acting like an "awkward, embarrassed" boy-next-door figure in front of her. However, by the end of the evening he had managed to compose himself. ELVIS AND PRISCILLA Elvis pushed the wedding back a few months and they married on May 1, 1967, at the Aladdin Hotel in Las Vegas. The wedding, arranged by Parker to maximize publicity, featured very few guests and was over in only eight minutes. January 8, 1935-August 16, 1977 PRISCILLA PRESLEY Lisa Marie READ FROM PAPER Their only child, Lisa Marie, was born exactly nine months after their wedding, on February 1, 1968.