Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Google Groups
2. Click on Apps, More, then Even More.
3. Under the social category click Google Groups.
4. Click create a group. From here you can select group specifications and permissions.
1. A homework discussion post-Allow students to post questions/concerns to their classmates, just like we do in Blackboard.
How can I use Google Groups in my classroom?
easy to use.
a great tool for parental involvement.
safe! One of the best features of Google Groups is that it is protected! You have the power to control who can post.
Google Groups is...
Essentially, Google Groups is a forum in which participants discuss topics of interest. In addition, it can also be utilized as a listserv.
*A listserv is an automated mailing group.
What is it?
2. Create a forum for class
discussions. Use Google
Groups as an extension of
3. Use Google Groups to connect with parents. Create forums with tools and resources for parents. Or, create a discussion group in which parents can plan for class events. Encourage parents to be involved with what their child is learning. For instance, in my class Google Group the first discussion focuses on the benefits of learning another language. In the discussion, parents are encouraged to add their thoughts to the conversation.
4. Professional Learning Network
Connect with colleagues other other professionals to discuss relevant educational issues.
Collaborate with coworkers
and students on various projects.
Students or parents can join your group with an invitation from you or by applying for permission (from you) to use your group.
This video shows how to set up a Google Group, how to invite members, and how to post to the group.
I would make one suggestion, however. This teacher types her students' email individually to join them with the group. To make the process easier, I would recommend creating a spreadsheet in Google Docs and allow students to add their own information. This way, you could copy and paste the email addresses instead of typing each one out. You could also just require that students apply for membership and post their first/last name in the comment box.