Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Mainframe Computers
Later it was referred as IBM and the BUNCH. IBM's dominance grew out of their 700/7000 series and, later, the development of the 360 series mainframes. The latter architecture has continued to evolve into their current zSeries mainframes which, along with the then Burroughs and Sperry (now Unisys)MCP-based and OS1100 mainframes, are among the few mainframe architectures still extant that can trace their roots to this early period. An IBM mainframe computer The Evolution of the Mainframe Computers The Automated Sequence Controlled Calculator There were 13 types of Mainframe Computers. They were divided into three generations of computers. They were :
1.ENIAC - It was invented in 1942.
2. Mark 1 - It was invented in 1944.
3.BINAC - It was invented in 1949.
4. IBM 701 - It was invented in 1952.
5. UNIVAC - It was invented in 1956.
6. IBM 305 RAMAC - It was invented in 1956.
7.Whirlwind - It was invented in 1960.
8. IBM 360 - It was invented in 1963
9.IBM 370 - It was invented in 1972.
10. IBM 390 - It was invented in 1990.
11. Z-series - It was Invented in 2000.
12. z 9 - It is invented in 2006.
13. z 10 - It is invented in 2008. ENIAC MAINFRAME COMPUTERS