Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Chinese Influence in Trinidad and Tobago
Transcript of Chinese Influence in Trinidad and Tobago
Where The Chinese Came From
The Chinese came from China, in Asia. They came to Trinidad by boat in 1802.
Who the Chinese Were
The Chinese came to conquer other countries and also to form businesses selling spices or food.
Impact of Chinese Culture on Trinidad
Problems Caused by the Chinese Migration to Trinidad
There weren't many problems when the Chinese arrived except for the fact that they were illegal immigrants and they didn't make much profit.
The Chinese brought cuisine to Trinidad.
The also brought sayings that when you eat some thing it brings you luck, wealth, or happiness.
Two dances introduced by the Chinese are Dragon Dance and The Chinese Lion Dance.
The Chinese left their language with us, since approximately 3,800 speak Chinese in Trinidad (In 2000).
"Chinese Arrival." NALIS. NALIS, 2015. Web. 17 June 2015. <http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nalis.gov.tt%2FResearch%2FSubjectGuide%2FChineseArrival%2Ftabid%2F113%2FDefault.aspx%3FPageContentMode%3D1%2397>.