Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Research Methods Lecture 8 Logical Fallacies
Transcript of Research Methods Lecture 8 Logical Fallacies
Cum hoc ergo propter hoc
(with it therefore because of it)
Just because two things happen together doesn't mean that there's a causal relationship
Post hoc ergo propter hoc
(after it therefore because of it)
Just because one event follows another doesn't mean that the first caused the second
Correlation =! Causation
A correlation is a statistical relationship between two variables
May be strong or weak, positive or negative
BUT DOES NOT necessarily mean that there is a causal relationship between them!
Dr. Courtney Thomas
Lecture 8: Logical Fallacies
We got whopped in Texas...twice...