Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Brand identity & Positioning
Transcript of Brand identity & Positioning
Herrmann, A., & Huber, F. (2000)
Old-school KLM advertisement
KLM's Current Positioning
KLM 'Wereld deal weken'
Make your own matrix!
Jowitt, H., & Lury, G. (2012)
Is it time to reposition positioning?
What is wrong with the traditional brand positioning models
‘’One brand, one product’’
Positioning is proposition development
Consumer is king
consumer doesn’t always know best
ignores internal stakeholders
The long term alternative
The two-part framework
Separation of philosophy and go-to-market propositions
Fundamental beliefs and principles
Brand personality, attitude and culture
A brand can have multiple propositions across products and services, without changing the philosophy
Customer is king
‘’Two years ago we started a ‘customer journey’. Since then, at the
heart of all innovations that have been introduced is ‘customer experience
- Joris Holtus, Director Product Strategy at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, 2011 -
Value-oriented brand positioning.
- the place a product occupies in a given market
- an individual forms a conception of the suitability of the commodity (unspecified product) in question (means) for fulfilling a specific want (end)
Attributes, Utility components and Individual values
Virgin America - fun
Air New Zealand - Ambassadors of New Zealand
Difference between competitors?
These commercials are brand oriented, and KLM is customer oriented!
Which is more effective,
Brand oriented or customer oriented?
Thank you for flying KLM
Welcome to our presentation
Kinyi, Miguel, Mariëtte, Sara & Eleanor
Article 1: Herrmann, A., & Huber, F. (2000)
Current Positioning KLM
Article 2: Jowitt, H., & Lury, G. (2012)
Video 3 & 4