Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
State of the Europe's Regional Airports - Regional Airports Conference & Exhibition / 16 April 2013 in Lyon, France
Transcript of State of the Europe's Regional Airports - Regional Airports Conference & Exhibition / 16 April 2013 in Lyon, France
DEVELOP NEW REVENUE STREAMS
for 47% of total
Olivier Jankovec, Director General
Regional Airports Conference & Exhibition
Lyon, 16 April 2013
STATE OF THE REGIONAL AIRPORT INDUSTRY
Jan & Feb
State Aid Rules
Total Visiting Costs
The One Bag Rule
A SUCCESS STORY
- Terminal Navigation Charges
- Aviation Taxes
>5 mil passengers p.a.
btwn 5 & 10 ml passengers p.a.
regional bases for LCCs
@ 70 airports
2013 v 2012
AGGRESSIVE MARKETING, COMPETITIVE CHARGES & INCENTIVES...
LEAN & EFFICIENT COST STRUCTURE
No longer just spokes....
regional spokes at risk
regional bases at risk
increasing route churn
Development Opportunities fuelled by...
Operating aid for airports
<1 million passengers p.a.
Start Up Aid
- Critical size & Economic sustainability
- discrimination in favour of rail
80 airports at risk
Support positive externalities
Align with EU Growth & Jobs agenda
Grounding regional airports
Growing regional unemployment
Medium/Short haul capacity 2013
Airline failures: who's next?
accredited in Europe
STRONGLY COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABILITY
Size = key to resilience
2012 vs 2008:
Airports >5 mil pax p.a.
Airports 5-10 mil pax p.a.
- EU vs non-EU
Disparity & Contrast:
of Regional Airports
Fiscal Austerity &
Regional Airports = essential infrastructure
IT'S ALL ABOUT
- Engines of Economic Development
- On site jobs keep growing
- Airport site = High quality jobs = stability
(versus 14% of major hubs)
Over the past 10 yrs...
AIRPORTS >1 mil passengers p.a.
EU liberalisation of air travel in the 1990's