Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
State of the Europe's Regional Airports - Regional Airports Conference & Exhibition / 16 April 2013 in Lyon, France
Transcript of State of the Europe's Regional Airports - Regional Airports Conference & Exhibition / 16 April 2013 in Lyon, France
DEVELOP NEW REVENUE STREAMS
for 47% of total
Olivier Jankovec, Director General
Regional Airports Conference & Exhibition
Lyon, 16 April 2013
STATE OF THE REGIONAL AIRPORT INDUSTRY
Jan & Feb
State Aid Rules
Total Visiting Costs
The One Bag Rule
A SUCCESS STORY
- Terminal Navigation Charges
- Aviation Taxes
>5 mil passengers p.a.
btwn 5 & 10 ml passengers p.a.
regional bases for LCCs
@ 70 airports
2013 v 2012
AGGRESSIVE MARKETING, COMPETITIVE CHARGES & INCENTIVES...
LEAN & EFFICIENT COST STRUCTURE
No longer just spokes....
regional spokes at risk
regional bases at risk
increasing route churn
Development Opportunities fuelled by...
Operating aid for airports
<1 million passengers p.a.
Start Up Aid
- Critical size & Economic sustainability
- discrimination in favour of rail
80 airports at risk
Support positive externalities
Align with EU Growth & Jobs agenda
Grounding regional airports
Growing regional unemployment
Medium/Short haul capacity 2013
Airline failures: who's next?
accredited in Europe
STRONGLY COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABILITY
Size = key to resilience
2012 vs 2008:
Airports >5 mil pax p.a.
Airports 5-10 mil pax p.a.
- EU vs non-EU
Disparity & Contrast:
of Regional Airports
Fiscal Austerity &
Regional Airports = essential infrastructure
IT'S ALL ABOUT
- Engines of Economic Development
- On site jobs keep growing
- Airport site = High quality jobs = stability
(versus 14% of major hubs)
Over the past 10 yrs...
AIRPORTS >1 mil passengers p.a.
EU liberalisation of air travel in the 1990's