Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Introductory Module- Online 10 Session Training
Transcript of Introductory Module- Online 10 Session Training
Your role as a
United Future Leaders
10-Session leadership Curriculum for adolescents
Online introductory training
Focus on original UFL themes
Adapted to better fit the needs of the school classroom environment
Can be utilized in various settings:
enhancement to school curriculum
extracurricular clubs and organizations
community youth and outreach programs
- I bring out the best in myself and others.
- I am safe.
- I know my feelings and I honor them.
- I treat others the way I want to be treated.
To develop young leaders who impact the
culture of their community through
ongoing program participation
- I do the right thing when no one is looking.
UFL promotes qualities such as
empowering students to "
Take it Out to the World
- How I see myself and how others see me.
- I have abilities.
- I help others, expecting nothing in return.
Research & Philosophy
Positive Youth Development
- strengths-based model
Focuses on building student assets and leadership competencies
Descriptive 35-minute lesson plans
Requires limited planning time
Positive verbal strategies
One-on-one discussions in extreme cases
Ensure time to discuss and process each activity! This is where the connections are made between leadership concepts!
Allow students to drive discussion
Help students relate activity experiences to their daily lives
Access additional 10 lesson-specific modules to assist with program preparation
Complete the online introductory training review.
Contact the UFL staff with any questions, suggestions, or needs for support!
You have completed the introductory training for the UFL 10-Session Leadership Curriculum for Adolescents.
What should be accomplished by the end of the lesson.
Reason why the lesson is important for leadership development.
All materials needed for that session- may be for multiple activities.
Curriculum Template Continued...
- basic concepts to be learned in the activity.
- information for facilitator to build foundational knowledge of each theme.
- materials needed for the specific activity.
Activity Development and Example Dialogue
- introduction, instructions, and example dialog (seen in italics) to be used during the activity.
- used for processing and reflection with students at the end of the lesson.
- additional information to culminate the lesson.
- questions for facilitator to assess comprehension of concepts and strengths/weaknesses of the lesson.
(**UFL may ask a facilitator to email their responses to these questions for curriculum evaluation.)
Meet the UFL Team!
Gloria Gonzales, Director
Mission & Purpose
- I have direction and purpose.
Overview UFL program
Purpose of 10-Session Curriculum
Overview of leadership themes
Your role as a facilitator
Familiarize you with your curriculum binder
Overview of UFL Program
Investing in youth!
Phone: 806.834.1327 or 806.834.5508
Be willing to participate in activities with students. Don't be afraid to share your experiences or act silly!
Adapt lessons as needed to meet group needs
Reflection & Processing
What do we do with all the positives?
"Take it out to the world!"
Positive method for ending each session by reflecting upon the day's activities and learning experiences.
"TAKE IT OUT TO THE WORLD"