Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
OFFICE POLITICS - Presentation
Transcript of OFFICE POLITICS - Presentation
Reduced employees’ morale
Influence one’s mental health
The Cause and Effect of Office Politics
It is also known as WORKPLACE POLITICS or ORGANIZATION POLITICS.
It is about what happens in a company or organization, between colleagues and subordinates.
It indicate gossip between the people in an organization.
The Cause of Office Politics
Conflicts are usually formed in:
- Individual vs. Individual
- Individual vs. Group
- Group vs. Group
Susan Adams, a professional leader said: “GOSSIP IS GOOD FOR OFFICES”
Advantages of gossip
- Make the office a more efficient place
- Identify employees
Disadvantages of gossip
- Spoil a person’s mood
- Revenges and hatred
The Effects of Office Politics
It always occur wherever there are TWO or MORE people involved.
Ron Brown said it will be a problem if an office is WITHOUT office politics.
It keeps people in a sad and depress mood and reduce the productivity of the office. However, it makes people HARDWORKING and SMARTER.
Don't bother about what other people think of you. Just be yourself and clearly know what you are trying to archive in the job.
to you ?
Competitive Working Environment
Extremely competitive working environment cause office politics.
To Climb Up a Corporate Ladder
In San Francisco, the earthquake is unstable and unpredictable. So do in the business world. (Gomez, n/a).
1. Personal Conflicts
Lack of trust
It is important between colleagues and subordinates.
- To improve and share each other’s ideas
Without trust, colleagues will doubt on each other’s working abilities.
Influence negatively in employees’ work performance
Reduce productivity of organization
- Apple-polisher is the key person who creates the
negative effects of office politics
- Opposing forces in one workplace
Some office encourage jealousy
Person who initiates office politics usually is the head of office
When the use of power or office politics becomes destructive it is often because there is no common ground or shared goals,” Fear told Management Issues.
Employees feel stress in the work place as their ideas are not noticed
Increase the communication between workers
- When political behavior is used constructively, it can lead the
employee to better and more effective relationships
- Help manager to support the employees through acquiring the
resources they need and get the job done easily
Self-assessment of workers
- Workers will be able to reflect themselves
- Politics maintain a balance of power between the pioneer and the