Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
TED: Medias influence on beauty
Transcript of TED: Medias influence on beauty
1.A combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or form, which pleases the aesthetic senses, esp. the sight. everyone likes this Valeria Lukyanova BMI of 16.24 5'9" Barbie: Life in plastic, is it fantastic?
"Life in plastic, it's fantasic!" promotes plastic surgery "Blonde bimbo girl" stereotyping blonde
women as unintelligent "I can beg on my knees" potential sexual reference "kiss me here, touch me
there, hanky panky..." Sexual references Proportions: Sickly is the New Sexy Ideal weight Marilyn Monroe
1926-1962 Beauty icon Twiggy: Lesley Lawson 60's but then... And for the boys... Barbie Doll Syndrome