Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Letting Other Author's Words Awaken Our Own
Transcript of Letting Other Author's Words Awaken Our Own
Writers read great stories in order to writer great stories. An author's stories and ideas will often spark the reader's stories and ideas.
Listen as I read a story to you, and see if it sparks memories for you. I'll be doing this too.
Does this story remind you of anything that happened in your own life?
reread, and write!
Listen as I reread the story. Let it spark memories in you of "one time when..."
Now let's write!!
If you are stuck, pretend you are in the story yourself.
Example: sea glass
Meet with your writing partner. Take a tour of each other's notebooks. Show your partners example of specific pieces of writing you are especially proud of.
Goals - after talking to your partners, what would you like to work on in your writing?