Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Public debt and its excesses
Transcript of Public debt and its excesses
"We only slightly rearranged the deck chairs on the Titanic." - Joseph Stiglitz, Nobel prize in economics.
What is a crisis ?
Crisis existed before currency.
"There is no money flow without debt" - Thomson
"I would even say that money is the debt" - Thompson
What's the money and the bond with the debt
Link between public and private debts
Break the myth of debts
The problem with interests
The European Central Bank
The particular case of Greek crisis
The difference between monetary and fiscal policy
The greek problem
Does anyone know what austerity means?
Even if the austerity measures adopted and if all the debts are bailed out, how could we be sure that it won't happen again?
Debt of developing countries
Developing countries are former colonies and protectorates
First and second oil crisis
Structural adjustment or debt abolition ?
7 million children die each year as a result of the debt crisis
Each child is born with 30.000 euros of public debt