Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Leland Stanford: Robber Baron or Captain of Industry?
Transcript of Leland Stanford: Robber Baron or Captain of Industry?
How did Leland Stanford get his money?
He was a successful lawyer and merchant.
He quit his job to join a wholesale buisiness.
He later bought a railroad and got money off of that.
He also got a fortune on selling equipment to miners.
How did he treat his workers?
One of his workers were chineese who worked on the railroad that Leland Stanford owned.
He was ruthless to his chineese workers.
How did he spend his money
Spent his money on making the railroad.
Used it on building Stanford University.
How did he donate his money?
Used $40,000,000 on his University.
Spent $40,000,000 on building the first transcontinental railroad.
Robber Baron or Captain of Industry?
Leland Stanford is Definitely a Captain of Industry.