Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Livestock Nutrition
Basal Maintenance Requirement
What are the functions of feed?
Roughage (AKA Forages)
High Energy Concentrates
High Protein Concentrates
What are the various types of feeds?
WHAT ARE SOME WAYS TO FEED LIVESTOCK?
What are the steps in balancing a ration?
How is the Feed Digested?
Digestive Acids & Enzymes
Salivary Amylase & Maltase
HCl, Pepsin, Rennin, & Gastric Lipase
Peptidase, Sucrase, Maltase, & Lactase
Trypsin, Pancreatic Amylase &Lipase, and Maltase
Identify the needs of the animal
Identify available feedstuffs
Calculate the amountof each feedstuff to use in the ration
Check ration against nutrient needs of the animal