Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Board Meeting, December 8, 2010
Transcript of Board Meeting, December 8, 2010
December 8, 2010 The class of 2023 attended
school today; they are in Kindergarten. This morning, high school students had wireless internet access if they met at Tim Horton's, Starbucks, McDonalds, or Panera. It's likely they also had wireless internet access if they stayed home. They did not have that same access this afternoon at Lake Orion High School. Technology at the University level is
at an all-time high. Online class enrollment
continues to increase. Vocational Education includes many technological components. Workers in auto plants currently
have jobs that require the use of technology. Currently, technology in our buildings operates on a Jewelry Store Model.
-Low volume, high resources
- The need for big ticket items. No matter what their choice,
our obligation is to prepare every
Lake Orion graduate for the world
that will be, not the world that once was. Studies have indicated that
student engagement and achievement
increases with integration of technology into classrooms. Technology must operate in our buildings
on a grocery store model.
-High frequency, low resources, regular use
- Smaller scale, deeper integration. The bond, if successful,
will move our district technology
from "jewelry store" to "grocery store." In a responsible way, we must get more technology into our classrooms that will benefit student achievement, the future demands it.