Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Our
Rocket Internet is a start-up incubator and a venture capital firm
Founded in 2007 with headquarters in Berlin
The company was founded by the Samwer brothers
Oliver Samwer is the CEO of Rocket Internet
Network of companies in more than 100 countries
1. Based on the data, use frameworks and analyze the strategic capabilities of Rocket Internet:
a) What are its resources and competences?
IT equipment, the Head Office in Berlin
Ambitious MBA-level graduates
« ‘execution entrepreneurs’ rather than ‘pioneering ones’ »
Informal and not hierarchy
highly performance working culture
Start-ups investors, Kinnevik and JP Morgan
b) What are its threshold, distinctive and dynamic capabilities?
2. Based on answers to question 1, carry out a VRIO analysis. What do you conclude? To what extent does Rocket Internet have strategic capabilities with sustained competitive advantage?
The VRIO represents the basic
of any company. It starts with a
statement, defining the objectives and performing an
, in order to implement the strategy.
This will also help the company to take advantage of strengths and mitigate the effect of threats.
Rocket Internet’s model is characterized by letting other venture capitalists risk their capital when experimenting
, and see which one of those ends up being a huge success, in order to then copy that model for presumably equal success.
3. What is the importance of the Samwers brothers? What would happen if they left or sold the company?
They started the business building a start-up incubator, launching clones of American shopping websites tailored to European consumers.
They are the real builders of this business, they had the idea of not having one but explore the existents at the limit to everywhere.
Maria Inês Magalhães