Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ecosystems
All the populations of different species at a particular time and space.
All the organisms present in a particular area along with the physical environment with which they interact.
A group of individuals that interbreed to produce viable offspring.
A group of individuals of the same species at a particular time and place.
Habitat: the type and place where an organism lives or where you would find an organism e.g. a rock orchid is found in a rocky outcrop
Abiotic Factors: The non-living physical and chemical factors in an environment that affect biological interaction.
Biotic Factors: All living or biological parts of an environment and their effects both direct and indirect, on other living organisms.
A local area within a habitat with slightly different conditions e.g. the underside of a fallen tree
Niche: The role played by an organism in an environment; its food preferences, requirements for shelter, special behaviours and the timing of its activities (e.g. nocturnal or diurnal), interaction with other organisms and its habitat.