Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of RAIN TECHNOLOGY
Goals of RAIN Technology.
Features of RAIN.
WHAT IS THE FULL FORM OF RAIN?
The name of the original research project is RAIN which stand’s for Reliable Array of Independent Nodes. The RAIN technology originated in a research project at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech),in collaboration with NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).
A component that stores data across distributed processors and retrieves it even if some of the processors fail.
A communications component that creates a redundant network between multiple processors and supports a single, uniform way of connecting to any of the processors.
A computing component that automatically recovers and restarts applications if a processor fails.
Goals of rain technology
1) RAIN Technology is able to offer the solution by minimizing number of nodes in the chain connecting the client and server.
2) RAIN Technology making the exiting nodes more robust and independent of each other.
3) RAIN Technology provides the feature of replacing a faulty node by a healthy one.
Full form of rain
R - RELIABLE
A – ARRAY OF
I – INDEPENDENT
N - NODES
Features of rain
FAULT TOLERANT INTERCONNECT
A NAIVE APPROACH
I. In this approach, we connect all the nodes to the nearest switch.
II. A ring is 1-fault tolerant so, we can loose 1 switch without upset.
III. A 2nd switch is failure can partition the network.
Here the nodes are connected to switches that are maximum distance apart from each other which is diameter in ring. Diameter construction with nodes of degree 2 connected to n switches of degree 4 can tolerate 3 fault without partitioning the network. Which is optimal.
Diameter construction dc=2
1) Bundled Interface
2) Linked Monitoring
3) Fault Tolerant Interconnect Technology
The main function of group member is to tolerate the fault.Group member ensure that all processes maintain a consistent view of global membership.
Fault tolerance in data storage across
many disks is obtained using redundant
storage schemes. Novel error-correcting
codes have been developed for this
purpose. These are array codes that
encode and decode using simple XOR
1)There is no limit on the size of a RAIN cluster.
2)There is no concept of master-slave relation.
3)A RAIN cluster can tolerate multiple node failure.
4)This is highly efficiency in traffic management.
5)New node can be added into the cluster to participate in load sharing.
6)It work with many different intermit application
High Availability Web Server
Distributed Check pointing Mechanism
High Availability Video Server
1) Development of API’s for using the various building blocks.
2) The implementation of a real distributed file system
using the partitioning scheme developed here.
3) The group communication protocols are being extended to address more challenging scenarios.
The goal of the RAIN project has been to build a test-bed for various building blocks that address fault management
Communication and storage in a distributed environment.
The creation of such building blocks is important for the development of a fully functional distributed computing system.
SEMINAR TOPIC ON
How to connect n computing nodes in a ring of n switches?
Fault tolerance in data storage across many disks is obtained using redundant storage schemes. Novel error-correcting codes have been developed for this purpose. These are array codes that encode and decode using simple XOR operations.
THANK YOU FOR
Mr. Dharmendra Pathak