Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Advertising Campaign
+ Broader trend towards easier drinking styles: change of palette preference in young Australians
+ UK influence: Australians traveling to Europe (most significantly the UK) acquire a demand for cider when returning back to Australia
+ A Summer beverage - an alternative to beer, wine and other alcohol KEY LEARNINGS PRODUCT INSIGHT:
*Packaging indicates fruit is involved yet dark bottle still links to beer
*Larger bottle implies more volume - more value for money
*Bottle can be kept and reused for other purposes CATEGORY INSIGHT:
*Cider is moving up the decision making ladder
*Cider becoming more popular - alternative to other drinks
*Generating a wider international demographic
*Beverage with a long tradition and history Challenges:
*Make Rekorderlig a more popular cider in the Australian market
*Compete with more popular ciders in market; Strongbow
*Make a lifestyle out of Rekorderlig
*Make social media presence stronger
*Increase availability in venues
*Drive consideration of Rekorderlig up in decision making
*Make cider drinking more socially acceptable Strengths:
*Strong underground brand name
*Taste; "a true smorgasbord of variants"
*Cider is coming out of shadow of beer
*Cider is a product with a rich tradition and heritage - traditional reputation of cider is coming back
*Cider is a new niche product
*Presents a quality, fresh alternative to other alcoholic beverages Weaknesses:
*Lack of availability
*Lack of strong online presence
*Poor advertising execution of former campaigns
*Significant isolation of potiental audience; "beautifully Swedish"
*Cider is underdeveloped in Australia as opposed to Europe Opportunities:
*Create bigger, international audience by
creating a concept that can be relatable
*Use of social media; Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc
*Cider is underdeveloped in Australia - great potential in market
*Adoption of cider on tap in venues Threats:
*Leading cider brand in Australia is Strongbow
*Better execution from other alcoholic beverages both in digital and print advertising TARGET AUDIENCE:
* 18 - 30
*Want something more from usual alcoholic beverage
*Drink shows who they are; part of a wider collective who think, act, look a certain way
*Carefree, fun, young at heart, playful, free of responsibilities, invincible CONSUMER INSIGHT:
*Wants a drink that is refreshing and reminds them of good times
*Want cool packaging to uphold image
*Want to belong to the collective group that drinks Rekorderlig
*Want to be ahead of the trend - drinking Rekorderlig can do this SUPPORT FOR PROPOSITION:
- Rekorderlig proposes a lifestyle to consumers through various forms of media
- It's an escape for consumers PROPOSITION:
- the new campaign will focus on Rekorderlig's current statement of being "a journey of exploration, innovation and invigoration"
- focus on a youthful sentiment
- fresh, fruity and bubbly, perfect addition to parties and when you need a moment to relax
- it will still be of "high end, premium design and modesty" BRAND BENEFITS:
- Rekorderlig is versatile and can be enjoyed in summer and winter
- This can be catered well to different promotional events
- Integrate with summer music festivals such as Falls Music and Arts Festival. As it goes for 3 days, this example is the perfect setting of a relaxing and fun environment to enjoy Rekorderlig.
- Pop-up parties and restaurants THE BRAND: BUDGET:
TOTAL COST = $509,000 BRAND IMAGE STRATEGY:
*The primary goal of this campaign is to readjust the image of the brand and create a new way that Rekorderlig can be perceived in the market
* The proposed concept ‘Order in chaos’ is much more targeted to a younger market
* Campaign will have potential for really creative and attractive advertisements
* Brand image will be improved with the target market and will improve the reputation of Rekorderlig. MEDIA SCHEDULE
JANUARY- Initial launch of Youtube video and television commercial. TVC to run throughout cricket season on mainstream channels.
FEBRUARY- Continuation of TVC and YouTube videos, release of outdoor advertising in the Melbourne CBD
MARCH- Release of magazine advertisements in Melbourne
APRIL- Continuation of all of these advertising strategies. Distribution of coasters to Melbourne bars and pubs which stock Rekorderlig
MAY- Continuation of all these advertising strategies, lessen number of television commercials
JUNE – TVC to be redesigned to incorporate winter flavours to encourage consumers to still buy even though seasons have changed. MEDIA PLAN: Media Objectives and Target Audience:
* Both new and traditional forms of media will be utilised
*social media, television commercials, magazine advertisements, outdoor advertisements (bus stops etc) and coasters for bars and pubs
*All advertisements both video, print or otherwise will have a message to drink responsibly. THE BIG IDEA: STRATEGY DECISION: Core Value Proposition:
"rekORDERlig in chaos"
* Current Campaign – Swedish School. Ties in with the ‘Beautifully Swedish adverts
* Little relevance outside of Sweden
* Research – All things Swedish….
* Abba, The Cardigans
* People – Greta Garbo, Ingrid Bergman
* Swedish stereotypes
* Gateway to Hipsterhood
* People consuming Rekorderlig and listening to an Abba song and gradually morphing into the famed band members. Same concept with some of the other acclaimed bands.
* Sweden won Eurovision 2012….
* Stereotyping the ‘traditional’ Swedish man, Sven.
CHOSEN CREATIVE CONCEPT:
* Music festivals/similar events over summer.
* Food/’Fruit’ Fight
* End to end campaign…
To work in concert with the chosen advertising campaign we also devised a few PR/marketing type ideas:
* Fun facts on the underside of each bottle top Schedule pattern and rationale
* The campaign will be implemented over a six month period to begin January 2013
* First to be released will be the television advertisement campaign, to be aired during sporting events and later night television on the main networks
* YouTube video to be released in conjunction with TVC
* Implementation of the magazine and outdoor campaigns to follow
* Coasters will be released as a follow up advertisement to the other more mainstream tactics *Social Media*Television*Magazine*Outdoor*Other (Pub/Bar) MEDIA MIX: Risk Analysis/Assessment:
* Risks associated with drinking (underage/binge)
* Missing the mark with our audience BRAND PERSONALITY:
- order in chaos
- a flexible campaign that does not discriminate between demographics
- links in well with various social media platforms BRAND ATTRIBUTES:
- the packaging of Rekorderlig commits to it's vintage and "classic modest" look
- this is on trend and a style that will remain distinctive
- the label effectively communicates what the drink is
- it demonstrates the "order in chaos" ethos