Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
3G vs 4G
Transcript of 3G vs 4G
Learn the difference: Make good decisions History Lesson Analog: 1981 Digital 2G: 1992 Multimedia Support: 2002 G does not stand for Gigabit. Gb stands for Gigabit. G stands for Generation. What does G stand for? What is WiMAX Technology?
WiMAX stands for: Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access.
WiMAX is a lot like Wi-Fi
WiMAX is an IP based, wireless broadband access technology that provides performance similar to 802.11/Wi-Fi networks with the coverage and QOS (quality of service) of cellular networks.
Diagram of a WiMAX Network
Advantages of WiMAX The primary advantage of the WiMAX standard is to enable the adoption of advanced radio features in a uniform fashion and reduce costs for all of the radios made by companies.
Disadvantes of WiMAX The most common misconception is that WiMAX can offer 70 Mbps in range of 70 miles (113 kilometers) with moving stations. In practice the situation is a quite different. It is valid only in ideal circumstances with only one recipient.
Describing how WiMAX works, may be easier with this diagram 3G < 4G 10X Faster! In Conclusion... Big Step