Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Try intercomprehension
Try Intercomprehension between Languages
Making sense of a text is a special case of making sense of the world (de Beaugrande, 1980).
Common Heritage Vocabulary
Spelling and Pronunciation
Common Syntactic Structures
Prefixes and Suffixes
Magazines (weeklies, professional, special interest, comics)
Novels (especially low-brow)
Learning materials (CDs, cassettes, educational TV/radio, computer programs)
Forms (filling out)
Conversations (work, authorities, shops, friends, discussion groups)
Advertising (direct mail, web, newspapers, TV)
Electronic menus (telephones, iPods, electronic devices)
Product information (manuals, warning texts)
• communication in the mother tongue
• communication in the foreign languages
• mathematical competence and basic competences in science and technology
• digital competence
• learning to learn
• interpersonal, intercultural and social competences and civic competence
• cultural expression
According to Hofmann (2009) the following attitudes are necessary for a person to be successful in learning to learn, a so-called meta-competence:
• “Self-motivation and endurance in learning, don’t give up when you hit a problem
• Inner willingness for personal development and to change the present situation
• Self-confidence and self-awareness
• Positive attitude towards learning
• Willingness to support and motivate others in their learning and the ability to search for support from others”
It follows that facilitators of learning should be equipped with the following attitudes (Hofmann, 2009):
• Authentic willingness to support the learners on their way
• Genuine trust that a learner knows best his/her own needs
• Empathy in transparent relationships with learners
• Awareness of the life-long learning context in which the learning activity takes place