Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CMIN 101 (Fa '16) T05 - Yearn for People as God Does
Transcript of CMIN 101 (Fa '16) T05 - Yearn for People as God Does
Yearn for People as God Does
In this passage what do we learn about . . .
- the crowd's response to Jesus' interest in Zacchaeus
- Jesus' relationship with Zacchaeus (vv. 5-9)
- What is it that we could learn from Jesus in approaching
nondisciples (or lost people)?
- What is the difference between acceptance and endorsing/
Characteristics of the Pharisees and the Teachers of the Law
- they only try to impresses other people
- double standard
- no soft heart towards others
we can be separated from God
by selfishness or self-righteousness
Luke 15 - The God of Relationships
- is concerned about what is missing
- cares for the lost
What is it that God loves?
What excites you about Jesus?
is related to the person (being)
is related to the actions and values of a person
Signs of Lostness
(absence of true love; of someone who walks with them)
(lost purpose, searching for entertainment; emptiness)
(struggle between the truly important and the merely urgent matters of life)
testimony of Brooke Bronkowski (Since I have my life before me)
Amy Grant, Better than a Hallelujah
- Which 2 questions would you like to ask the other
group the topics that we have covered so far?
- Share your ideas and questions in class
Class activity in 2 groups
- What are 2 significant ideas that you
got from session 1 until today?