Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Linux
'Tux' the Penguin
Linux = Unix?
Servers vs. Desktops (GUI)
"Introduction to Linux // Eli the Computer Guy"
"Understanding Open Source and Distributions"
"Open Source - Legal Issues"
Main Idea: Viewing source code!
Learning what you can from code
Linux // What is it?
Created in the 90s
Creator: Linus Torvalds
Started as a side-project
Windows, OSX, Linux
Tech term: 'Distros'
Most notable: Android, Ubuntu
"How is a free software able to make money?"
Introduction to Linux - Eli the Computer Guy
Extropia.com - What is the Open Source Business Model?
Linux.com - What is Linux?
Made by: Anthony Malgapo
Most secure system
'The open source business model'
Open Source = no R&D funding!
1. Freedom to run the program, for any purpose
2. Freedom to study the source code
3. Freedom of redistribution to neighbors
4. Freedom to modify different versions