Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Linux
'Tux' the Penguin
Linux = Unix?
Servers vs. Desktops (GUI)
"Introduction to Linux // Eli the Computer Guy"
"Understanding Open Source and Distributions"
"Open Source - Legal Issues"
Main Idea: Viewing source code!
Learning what you can from code
Linux // What is it?
Created in the 90s
Creator: Linus Torvalds
Started as a side-project
Windows, OSX, Linux
Tech term: 'Distros'
Most notable: Android, Ubuntu
"How is a free software able to make money?"
Introduction to Linux - Eli the Computer Guy
Extropia.com - What is the Open Source Business Model?
Linux.com - What is Linux?
Made by: Anthony Malgapo
Most secure system
'The open source business model'
Open Source = no R&D funding!
1. Freedom to run the program, for any purpose
2. Freedom to study the source code
3. Freedom of redistribution to neighbors
4. Freedom to modify different versions