Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Scientific Method
Pose a Question
- a statement that requires an answer
- what is a question that you would like to learn more about?
Making Observations and Inferences
- made with your five senses or a scientific instrument
- they are facts
- an inference is an interpretation of an observation
- they are not facts
- can you suggest some examples of inferences?
Develop a Hypothesis
- a hypothesis is a possible explanation for a set of observations or answer to a scientific question
- it usually is an if ... then statement
- it is something that can be tested
- get with your table partner and develop a hypothesis
Design an Experiment
- you need to keep all the variables the same, except one, the one you are testing
- factors that can change or be changed in an experiment
- the variable that is changed
- the variable whose effect is being studied
- variables in an experiment that a scientist purposely keeps the same
- the variable that is measured in the experiment
Analyze the Data
- Is the data reliable?
- Does the data support or not support your hypothesis?
Come to a Conclusion
- look for trends and specific pieces of data that can either support or not support your hypothesis
write a conclusion
that summarizes the important parts of your experiment and the results
Is the data inaccurate or the experiment flawed?
Modify / Change the Experiment