Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Scientific Method
Pose a Question
- a statement that requires an answer
- what is a question that you would like to learn more about?
Making Observations and Inferences
- made with your five senses or a scientific instrument
- they are facts
- an inference is an interpretation of an observation
- they are not facts
- can you suggest some examples of inferences?
Develop a Hypothesis
- a hypothesis is a possible explanation for a set of observations or answer to a scientific question
- it usually is an if ... then statement
- it is something that can be tested
- get with your table partner and develop a hypothesis
Design an Experiment
- you need to keep all the variables the same, except one, the one you are testing
- factors that can change or be changed in an experiment
- the variable that is changed
- the variable whose effect is being studied
- variables in an experiment that a scientist purposely keeps the same
- the variable that is measured in the experiment
Analyze the Data
- Is the data reliable?
- Does the data support or not support your hypothesis?
Come to a Conclusion
- look for trends and specific pieces of data that can either support or not support your hypothesis
write a conclusion
that summarizes the important parts of your experiment and the results
Is the data inaccurate or the experiment flawed?
Modify / Change the Experiment