Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Organizing Events with Google
Transcript of Organizing Events with Google
Thank you for joining us!
The University & Google have teamed up to offer all U members Google Apps.
Google Apps for Education
There are many included features:
Contacts & tasks
Labels & folders
Google Apps (Drive, Calendar, etc...)
Collaborate on docs with anyone, anywhere
Documents, spreadsheets, presentations, & forms
Great for creating agendas
Documents are easy to share without allowing access to edit
Goes by many names around SUA:
Google Calendar, GoogleCal, GCal
Ability to view multiple calendars at once
Scheduling meetings is easy!
Send invitations to their inbox & watch the RSVPs come in
Create personal or group calendars
See event details vs. free/busy
Meetings, classes, social gatherings
Date, time, location, descriptions, & guests
Organizing events with Google Apps
Everyone needs access to the same system
Rules & Expectations must be clearly established
Practice makes perfect
Research & be open to feedback
Explaining the purpose & history makes life easier
Program Board Google Site
Some committees have their own sites
Houses useful information that you can access from any computer
i.e., Forms & Contracts
Video chats with multiple people
Useful when some people can't get together for meetings, interviews, etc.
Google Sites & Hangouts
- 5th year senior
- Psychology Major
- Applying to graduate programs for higher education student affairs
- 3rd year with the Board
- Hobbies & Interests:
- Baking, snowboarding, biking, photography, blogging, & more!
How we function
The Student Unions & Activities Program Board
- 4 student coordinators
- 4 committees all staffed by students
- Gophers After Dark
- St. Paul Programs
- Visual Arts
- Whole Music Club
- Gamerooms managers sit on the Board
- Team of staff advisors
- Marketing Department
- Plans Homecoming & Spring Jam as one unit
- Recently restructured
- Sponsorship generation
- Program Board Rep. to Grants Committee & Board of Governors
- Lead hiring process for chairs
- Facilitate weekly Board meetings
- Creation & maintenance of Master Calendar
- Went from 7 committees 2 years ago to the current 4
- In the past there was a separate Homecoming Committee & Spring Jam events were 1 committee's responsibility.
- Coordinators paid hourly (not stipend)
- Increased the summer work requirements
- Decreased frequency of programming to focus on larger events
Who is in the room?
Our relationship with Google
Gmail Overview: Complete organization
Google Calendar: Cures conflicting schedules migraines
Google Drive: Quick & easy info sharing
Google Resources to consider
Additional online tools to take advantage of
Q & A
Feel free to ask questions as we go!
Free public option & Online
Can share with anyone
Easily find times for meetings
After hours, special gatherings
Prezi & Doodle
Allows us to see all of our events in one place
Each event includes an event form in the description
Added local & University events that may affect attendance
Includes events & themes that we can base events off of
Arts & Health month
Olympics, March Madness, Superbowl, etc..
Includes room reservations
Goal: stop planning overlapping events
Reduce frequency of events to increase size of events.
- Chemistry & Art History Double Major
- 2nd year with the Board
- Hobbies & Interests:
- Runner, Swimmer, artist, & love cooking!
- Volunteer Coordinator for Large Events
- Student to student Communication
- Student Group Partnerships
- Liaison to community outside the University & greek community
- Other Tasks
900 volunteer names recruited
- Down to 300 names
-250 Volunteers Final Number
Volunteers with Google
-Signed up on Google Spreadsheet for all events
-Got separate emails for each event afterward
*Copy and Pasted emails to invitations
*Notified via Invite
(Hidden guest list)
*Updates could be sent with actual event
*Knew where to find event info (Gcal)
-Teaching them our system
Q & A ?