Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Sacraments of Initiation
Transcript of Sacraments of Initiation
Sacraments of Initiation
There are three Sacraments of Initiation in the Catholic Church: Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist.
of the sacraments and:
Describe the ritual, meaning of associated signs/symbols, its links to Jesus and/or scripture.
If you can, use pictures from your own or a family members experience of the sacrament.
All Christian Churches baptise their members.
of the following churches: Orthodox, Baptist, Uniting or Anglican and investigate its practice of baptism.
2. Make sure you
it with Catholic baptism and note similarities and differences.
Part 2: Other Christian Churches' Baptismal rites
Choose one of either Buddhism, Islam, Judaism or Hinduism
1. Write a brief paragraph outlining the main beliefs of your chosen religion.
2. Describe the initiation ceremony for new members. Explain the signs/symbols used
3. Compare it with Catholic baptism. Make sure you include some images to make your points .
Part 3: World Religions' Initiation Rites
Discuss with others including family what could belonging to
the ideal church community
mean to you now and into the future.
1. How would the Church support you and help you at different stages of your life?
2. How could
make your Church community a place people want to be part of?
3. How does one (or more) of the sacraments you have studied reflect God's desire for people to enjoy life in his Church? [Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation]
You and a partner, make a short film clip that responds to the above 3 questions
Hint: write a script
Part 4: Belonging
Part 1:Catholic Sacraments of Initiation
This Assignment has four parts. You do three.
Part 1: Everyone does by themselves.
Part 2 or 3: Your teacher will allocate you either Part 2 or Part 3. Within your part you will be given a 'faith' to investigate.
Part 4: Short Film: You do this with a partner
Your teacher will tell you the deadlines for each part. You may use any presentation tool. Suggestions include Prezi, Keynote, Pages.
can be via the LMS. Eg. if you do a Prezi, you would submit a document with the Prezi link.
The Assignment instructions